It looks like Coach Cutcliffe is leaving UT again for a head coaching job. Trying to pull a Spurrier and resurrect Duke.
It looks like Coach Cutcliffe is leaving UT again for a head coaching job. Trying to pull a Spurrier and resurrect Duke.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
I'm sort of surprised he is leaving but he did a good job at Miss. IMO. They weren't very patient with him and it's bitten them. Hopefully he can go to Duke and at least win some games. I hope they are willing to give him 4-5 years to attempt to turn them around.
"We cannot expect the Americans to jump from capitalism to Communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving Americans small doses of socialism until they suddenly awake to find they have Communism."
- Soviet Leader Nikita Khrushchev, 1959
Welcome to the USSA!
The sad part was at Ole Miss he was the first coach to ever win at least 7 games in his first 5 years as coach there. The only losing record they had was his last year there, the year after Eli left I believe.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
From Yahoo:
Tennessee offensive coordinator and former Mississippi coach David Cutcliffe was in Durham interviewing for the job Wednesday, a person familiar with the process told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because of the search's confidential nature. Cutcliffe's agent, Jimmy Sexton, declined to comment.
Two coaches Alleva has interviewed have withdrawn from consideration. Ex-Navy coach Paul Johnson opted to take over at Georgia Tech, and Bobby Johnson pulled out to remain at Vanderbilt. Two others -- fired UCLA coach Karl Dorrell and Grambling State coach Rod Broadway, a former Duke assistant to Steve Spurrier -- also remain in the mix.
"We cannot expect the Americans to jump from capitalism to Communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving Americans small doses of socialism until they suddenly awake to find they have Communism."
- Soviet Leader Nikita Khrushchev, 1959
Welcome to the USSA!
If Cut leaves, the slim chances we had to get Pryor just went out the door.
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
Ding!
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UTVols2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If Cut leaves, the slim chances we had to get Pryor just went out the door. </div></div>
Dont worry about it. Highly rated quarterbacks are so hit and miss coming out of high school. Pryor could be great but then again he may be a lump of coal in the stocking. Cutcliffe I think would be more missed as a result of his ability to help develop quarterbacks. And even in that case, I watch Eli and Ainge and it makes me want to cringe. Fulmer really could use some new blood. They should really consider Borges.
Bookmarks